Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Typical New Year Blog Post.

Hi and Assalamualaikum.

New Year. New blog. New entry.

  I can't believe that it's already 2016. Time sure flies fast. I still remember the days when I would walk back from my primary school, buy an ice-cream and go back home without a care in the world. Growing up I realised that, life isn’t that simple. There are so many things that we have to care about now.

  This year on March, I’m turning 19. Yes, the last year for me to have the ‘teen’ on my age. To be honest, it scares me. In my pre-teen, I couldn’t wait to grow up and be an adult. Now, however, a year away from turning one, I feel like running away and hide from it. (Hahaha). Being an adult carries so much responsibilities. But I know, it’s time for me to be more mature now (standing applause please). But hey, age doesn’t defy maturity right? I’m still a kid at heart to be honest (I do pretend that I’m secretly a dinosaur sometimes. Don’t judge)

  Reflecting back on the year 2015, it was full of rainbows, storms, hurricanes, sunshine and rain of life. It was the year where I started my university life (yay!)(Wait not yay cause so much work)(Back to crying). Hahaha. I’m currently doing my diploma in Civil Engineering in Uitm Jengka. Now I’m a part2 students. Can’t tell you how hectic my life is right now especially I’m close to one week to Finals.

  Back to 2015, to me, it was a year where friendships made in school were tested. If you really want to know if your high school friends are really your friends, then just wait until your high school period ends. Long distance is not only for couples. In friendship, it can be an issue as well. There are friends whom in school you’d be really close to, but after school ends, not a single word you’ll hear from them. Yes, like any relationship, friendship needs effort. However, I do admit that I’m a bad friend. I really should make more effort and time for my friends. To any of my friends that is reading this, I’m sorry, and I love you (hehe)!

  The purpose of starting a new blog, I guess I want to start fresh. I do want to keep a diary (sort of) of things that happened in my life so I could, you know, cherish back the memories, and look back at it in the future. It’s funny how I could read my own level of maturity based on my old blog posts. That is one of the reason why I haven’t deleted my older blog. It’s funny yet nostalgic (hahaha). I am that kind of person who keeps a diary (again don’t judge). I’ve been writing my life on paper and online since I was six I think. But I was in writing hiatus since 2014 till now. It’s not a wonder that I do miss writing. However, in terms of how frequent my writing is, I am promising myself to write more this year. (Finger crossed hehe)

  I guess I better stop here since I might go and write things that deter away from my topic. So here’s to a new year and a new blog! I hope everyone will have a blessed and a happy year. Cheers!

Back into the new year with new spirit,
Syahirah.



No comments:

Post a Comment